We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is John McArthur.
2. Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us. We collect information when you comment or sign-up to the newsletter.
The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, and information you provide as part of your comment.
Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site or use our apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, and advertising networks) and may receive information about you from them.
3. Lawful basis for Processing
We only process your data when we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful reason we use to process your personal data may differ for each processing activity.
- The personal information we collect is the minimum required to allow submissions of comments which is balanced between allowing anonymous submissions and preventing fraudulent or spam comments.
- During the Forum sign-up we collect your email and date of birth. Your date of birth is required to verify you are above the minimum age requirement.
- All direct marketing communications will require your consent.
4. How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information in line with our data retention policy, and will only retain it for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you;
- to collect information about how you use our site;
a. Google Analytics
We may use the following Google Analytics features:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
You may opt-out of the Google Analytics features we use via the browser extension provided by Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs.
6. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to display your provided comment on the site
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to send you our regular newsletter, other news, surveys and other important things from us if you opt to receive this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- in working with analytics and search engine providers to improve our site;
- in order to verify you are old enough to use all of the site
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
7. Disclosure of your information
We do not disclose any of your submitted information with any third parties.
Other websites: Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the United States of America. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for an account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
9. Your Data, Your Rights
We only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent.
Requests to access, change, or remove your information will be handled within 30 days.
Right of Access to your information: if you require access to the personal data we hold about you then please write to us via our Contact Form.
Right to Rectify your information: If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect then contact us directly via our Contact Form.
Right to Erase your information: If you do not want us to hold your personal data any longer then please write to us via our Contact Form.
Right to Restriction of Processing: If you wish to restrict what information is used and how you can contact us directly via our Contact Form.
Right to Object: If you believe that there are no legitimate grounds for having your data or that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, then please write to us via our Contact form.
If you wish to complain to us then please write to us via our Contact Form
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to EDPS.